Friday, January 11, 2013

Mississippi fashion meets New York style

I am starting this blog with a couple of things in mind. I want to create a place where people from smaller towns and rural areas in Mississippi can find the latest trends that are all the craze on the Runway and in magazines. Not only do I want to provide accessibility to the latest trends, but I also want to tell you where to find similar fashion trends for less.

Just a little information about myself. Well for starters, my name is Mindy Phillips. I am a public relations major at the University of Southern Mississippi, where I am the president of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) and a director for our student-run PR firm, The Agency. Elle magazine, here I come!

I have several ideas that could get this blog started. There are a couple of boutiques in the Jackson area that carry great clothes. Libby Story is truly my favorite! (FYI: They have a store in Ridgeland, Flowood and Starkville.) You can go to www.libbystory.com to see what they have to offer. I'll be posting a lot from their site. I also love a little boutique in Hattiesburg called Irie Boutique. You can go to www.irieboutique.com to check them out. There is a little hole-in-the-wall boutique in Tupelo called Yellow Lovebirds; they also have a store in Oxford. Speaking of Oxford - if you want a great "shopping Mecca" in Mississippi, go to Oxford. The Square, downtown Oxford, has tons of unique boutiques.

Throughout this blog, I will be posting pictures of designs that I love, and images of current trends around the globe. If you have any suggestions of new boutiques, please let me know, so I can check them out too. Also, if there is a specific outfit that you love and need suggestions of how to piece it together without spending a fortune - I'm here to help! 

Fashion is my passion, so let's make you chic for cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment